The Gates Cambridge Scholarships is one of the most prestigious international scholarships in the world and offers full funding for postgraduate studies.
Scholarships are awarded to outstanding applicants from countries outside the UK to pursue a full-time postgraduate degree in any subject available at the University of Cambridge.
Several other scholarships are available in the United States, Germany, United Kingdom and Canada that offers full scholarships and monthly allowances. Here are some suggestions you should check out;
You can apply for a Gates Cambridge Scholarship if you are:
- a citizen of any country outside the United Kingdom
- applying to pursue one of the following full-time residential courses of study at the University of Cambridge:
- One year postgraduate course (with some exceptions – see below)
Courses which are NOT eligible for Gates Cambridge Scholarships:
- Any Undergraduate degree, such as BA (undergraduate) or BA affiliated (a second BA)
- Business Doctorate (BusD)
- Master of Business (MBA)
- Master of Finance (MFin)
- MBBChir Clinical Studies
- MD Doctor of Medicine degree (6 years, part-time)
- Graduate Course in Medicine (A101)
- Part-time degrees
- Non-degree courses
Scholarship Duration and Reward
A Gates Cambridge Scholarship covers the full cost of studying at Cambridge including
- Tuition fees,
- maintenance allowance (£18,384 for 12 months at the 2022-23 rate),
- travel costs,
- visa, etc.
It also provides additional, discretionary funding such as academic development funding, family allowance, fieldwork, etc.
Read about the full scholarship value at this link.
What we are looking for
Our Scholars come from diverse backgrounds and each brings something unique to the programme.
We use four criteria to select them.
- Academic excellence
- Reasons for choice of course
- A commitment to improving the lives of others
- A capacity for leadership
- A note on the ratio of PhD:Masters awards