Applications for the 2022 Hong Kong PhD Fellowship Scheme will open for interested and qualified candidates willing to pursue a postgraduate degree in Hong Kong.
The Hong Kong Research Grants Council annually awards scholarships with an annual stipend of US$41,690 and a conference and research-related travel allowance of US$1,740 per year for each awardee for a period up to three years.
Additional support in finance is provided to the candidates by the chosen universities.
Several other scholarships are available in the United States, Germany, United Kingdom and Canada that offers full scholarships and monthly allowances.
- Host Country: Hong Kong
- Study Abroad: Study in Asia
- Category: Postgraduate Scholarships | PhD Scholarships
- Eligible Countries: All Countries
- Reward: Full Scholarship
- $41,690 Annual Stipend
- $1,740 Annual research + travel allowance
- Deadline: December 1, 2022
Established by the Research Grants Council (RGC) of Hong Kong in 2009, the Hong Kong PhD Fellowship Scheme (HKPFS) aims at attracting the best and brightest students in the world to pursue their PhD studies in Hong Kong’s universities.
Hong Kong’s education system fosters lifelong learning and independent research, leading to a motivated, highly skilled and entrepreneurial workforce. Hong Kong welcomes an international workforce.
Universities in Hong Kong offer special strengths amidst a wide choice of disciplines, developing the city into a regional and international hub for higher education and talent development.
To be considered for the Hong Kong PhD Fellowship Scheme, you must:
- Demonstrate outstanding qualities of academic performance, research ability/potential, communication and interpersonal skills, and leadership abilities.
- Have a bachelor’s degree from a recognized university
- Meet the university requirements for the PhD program