Google Keyword Planner
The Google Keyword Planner is a simple and versatile tool that allows you to research keywords for your website or blog. It will show you how high the competition is for each keyword, and how many people are searching for that keyword.
Create a Google Ads account
- First, head to ads.google.com and sign in to your Google Account.
- Next, create a Google Ads account by clicking on Create an Account in the top right corner of the page.
- After you have created an account, set up billing with a valid payment method so that you can start running campaigns as soon as possible!
Create a campaign
You can create a new campaign by clicking the Create Campaign button at the bottom of your screen.
Once you’ve created a campaign, you’ll want to add keywords and ads. You can do this by clicking on either keyword or ad groups in your left-hand navigation bar. When you click on one of these sections, Google will show you all of the data associated with that particular aspect of your account–and it’s super helpful!
You can also view reports on individual campaigns, see how ads are performing against each other and more–all from within Keywords Planner!
Use your favorite keywords
- Use your favorite keywords. The most important thing is that you use the keywords that are relevant to your site and the content you are creating.
- Choose popular keywords. You want to make sure your target audience will be able to find your content when they search for it, so make sure you choose popular terms related to what you’re writing about.
- Don’t overdo it on competitive keywords. If a keyword has a lot of competition and it doesn’t have great volume, then it may not be worth going after because there won’t necessarily be any traffic coming from Google’s search engine results page (SERP).
- Keep an eye on bids and cost-per-click (CPC). You don’t want your ads getting charged too much in CPCs or with too high bids because these can get very expensive very quickly!
The planner tells you how much competition and how many impressions there are for each keyword so that you can see which ones would be the best fit for your site.
The Google Keyword Planner tool tells you how much competition and how many impressions there are for each keyword so that you can see which ones would be the best fit for your site.
The planner also tells you how many clicks there are for each keyword. You can use this information to choose keywords with lower competition but higher click-through rates, or vice versa.
The Google Keyword Planner should be your first stop when looking for new keywords to target. It’s free, easy to use and will help you find relevant keywords that are related to the topic of your website or blog post.