SAWISE Angus Scholarship is a brianchild of the Association of South African Women in Science and Engineering (SA WISE).
A dynamic association for all those who support the idea of strengthening the role of women in science and engineering in Africa.
An important function of SA WISE is to improve communication among women scientists and engineers.
- Host: Association of South African Women in Science and Engineering (SA WISE).
- Eligible Countries: All African Countries
- Reward: R15 000.
- Deadline: January 27, 2023
Africa, including South Africa has a critical shortage of trained technological people. In 1980 North America had 2679 scientists and engineers involved in research and developement per million population; Latin America had 251; Africa had only 49. In 1993, the USA had 7600 people per million involved in R & D, Japan had 7300.
No figures are available for Africa. Increasing the number of technologically trained people, both men and women, is essential for development.
Eligibility criteria for SAWISE Angus Scholarship include:
- A sub-Saharan black female.
- Must have achieved 70% or above grade average in her subject of study.
- Only for studies at Honours level (or 4th year equivalent e.g. in engineering).
- In any field of science and engineering.
SAWISE Angus Scholarship Courses
To apply, candidates must be ready to submit the following documents;
- Curriculum vitae
- An official academic transcript (record)
- Certified copy of your ID
- Proof of acceptance for 2023 (if you have already been accepted)
Method of Application
Interested and qualified applicants should apply using the link below;
Once you have completed the form, please email the documents to [email protected] using your name as the subject of the email.
Deadline: January 27, 2023